Well, HELLO THERE June! You’re early!
I can hardly believe that May is over. It went so fast and was so packed full of happenings, both good and bad. So much living and so much work. I hardly have words for it, even though I really would like to tell – and looking down the list belove I now see that I do have words, so here we go:
I’m doing this in bullet points.
- I managed to hoist the flag two times during the month of May. Yay me. I was really unsure if I could manage it. But then it turned out to be really easy. (And now, sitting here, I feel kind off bad because I forgot to flag for the funeral last Friday, got to do better next time…. As it’s the nice thing to do, living as close to the church as we do.)
- I joined a speed scrap for iNSD (interNational Scrapbooking Day) and had some fun 😉
- We had some really beautiful Confirmation Services
- Some friends of mine had hard time keeping it together.
- I helped my dad at the farm, a little. It was fun to drive the tractor again and feel the dust. Only wish I could do it more often.
- We had some seriously busy days at work
- MT started the outdoor football season (soccer), and bought new sneakers to fit..
- We had the last Youth Club of the year.
- And prepared a whole bunch of services. May is full of holy days.
- My nephew celebrated his Confirmation Day. A fantastic day to be a part of. His parents had prepared a feast in his honor and we celebrated with family and a few friends. We love you big kid.
- I helped clean the school yard in time for our national day; together with other parents.
- We had guests from the western part of the country. So nice!! Come back soon, please!
- I got a new hair cut. Got to love that!
- We celebrated MT’s birthday with family and friends. Finally. Almost one month after he had his birthday in April.
- MT had many days off school. Because of all the Holy Days. It was nice. And different. He loved it. And missed school too.
- We celebrated the National Day of Norway on May 17th. MT was proud to walk in the procession together with his class. Singing and shouting. So happy.
- MT had his first (and second) Football Match of his life. It was a BIG day. And he had so much fun. Jumping around on the field, cheering on his team mates (almost forgetting to play himself because of all the excitement).
- I got some really big bills in the mail. That was not so fun.
- I got to know a few of the other parents at school better.
- I had my first meeting with the first couple of several I’m marrying this summer.
- One of my colleague got seriously ill.
- I went on a little 24 hour (more or less) tour with my colleagues and got to smell the ocean. Nice.
- I met Mathilde and Oskar. The class stuffed animals. It was nice.
- We moved our bedrooms away from the warm and light morning sun.
- I had only one funeral the entire month. Great.
- I did a few scrapbook pages.
- I took a few photos. But I haven’t uploaded any of them to either flicker or my computer yet. Yes, I know. A busy month. With a lot of small and big happenings all the time.
- I almost forgot. We’ve already had our first thunder storm of the season. It got me soaking wet trying to rescue the laundry hanging outside….. 😉
- And now. We’re just waiting for the summer to take over…. For that we’ll meet June with a smile!!
- I have taken a photo with my iPhone though, each and every day with the exception of one. I’m happy with that. (And I’ll soon show them too)
As soon as I have gone through these daily photos I’ll post a link to the flickr photo that will take you somewhere. But for now, only the image will do….
See you around! Remember to enjoy life!