1. I got up bright and early to attend a webinar with Katerina Kennedy for her class Your Life: Captured through the lens. I was not sure if i could manage to get out of bed at the crazy early hour of 3 am, but i did, and it was so much fun being there with the rest of the photo crazy girls, telling what we thought about the photos and hearing Katerina describe how she feels about them as well. I was so honored to hear what she and the others had to say about a recent photo I took of MT sewing on his Great Grandma’s old sewing machine. She pointed out a few things that could have been better, but also said so much nice about the things that were good.
2. Early this morning, in my email, I found a note that said I was one of the three lucky winners to the Christmas card making class Holiday Card Boot Camp 2011 with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. That totally made my day and reminded me that leaving a comment for these give aways (the ones I would love to win) every once in a while pay off So happy about that and can’t wait for it to start in the second week of November
3. I am excited for the new photo workshop with Katrina starting next week. It is called Exposure and is all about finding the right exposure for the light you are working in to get great photos. I so need to work on this and can’t wait to learn how to handle the reds and how to get the most out of the condition i shoot in.
4. Fall is in its latest stages here and we have had several days below zero. Most mornings there is a beautiful little mist of frost on the ground, some days more, some days less. I find it beautiful, but I don’t look forward to changing the tires on the car, it is a time consuming job. I should do it tomorrow, but I guess I will wait until Saturday because then I have to do it….
5. MT have started ski training again, so far without snow. He said it was fun because they got to run around the 1 kilometer path behind the school. I know for sure I would not have found that any kind of fun. The path is nice to walk, taking my time, but to run?! It goes up and down, up and down and up and down. Seeing me skiing there is enough to make even the most serious dude cry with laughter, sigh. I love that MT skis cross country like he was born with skis on his legs. I kind of envy him, but also love how much he enjoys it.
6. There are a lot of good plans going on in our church right now. One of those is a club for youths using one of my favorite hobbies to learn more about the Christian faith and the Bible stories. Can’t wait to join in getting this one off the ground.
7. Lastly let me tell about the beautiful sunset we saw while driving to the church council earlier tonight. It was all blue and several shades of pink + purple. It took all that i had not to stop and try to capture it with my iPhone. To try and catch the colors somehow. But i had a meeting to attend to and was already running late!
So how are your days? Found something good and happy among all the everyday gray. Please share in the comments.